
Strasbourg Parliament Brussels Parliament Parliament Train Station I use
Let me just say that my life has been utterly exhausting since my return back to the States in December. I never knew that catching up with family and friends could take so much energy out of me. I loved every second of it-dont get me wrong, but every day I woke in a panic thinking of what was next. The only time I could sleep-in were the days I was hung over due to the peer pressure of my insane and ridiculous friends :)
Well I returned January 5th to Brussels monday morning going straight into work, then visited friends in Paris that coming weekend, then took a train straight to Strasbourg for work the following week. I wrongfully assumed I would be able to work and complete my school papers (that were due the following week)...but as I said, I wrongfully assumed this. I worked my ass off proofreading documents, observing MEP meetings (thanks to the invitation of my brilliant tudor/mentor), running around the place trying to figure out what was to happen next. Work would end around 6pm then I would begin working on my papers until midnight with no results. I would have stayed there the entire night until I made progress but as I was staying at a hotel with 3 other co-workers ( I decided against this better judgment). So I return to Brussels utterly exhuasted, disappointed and drained after what they call the week of "stress-burg"; due to the fact that my papers were never written. Not one. And I had four to write.
The weekend before papers were due (the weekend upon my return), my dear father helped me fledge out information and cram to write 4 x 5,000 word documents that I could present as my finals. This of course only allowed me to leave my apartment two times during the duration of the weekend (in all, for a 20 minute break). Thursday night I went for some money, a box of chocolates, and a pack of cigs (sorry dad). The next morning I called my school administrator and told them I was not prepared and would not be able to complete my papers in time...they offered me an extension. However, after that conversation my writers block lifted and I began writing. I wrote all day. I stopped that evening to order pizza and food for delivery (again not leaving my little apartment)...I continued on my papers. I slept for small naps and worked around the clock to finish. I owe it all to my dear fathers help in completing this otherwise impossible task.
Monday I submitted my papers, and my professor and administrator were a bit skeptical but impressed I had completed the task at hand, assuring me that a passing grade was possible.
Tuesday I recalled that my dissertation proposal was due this Friday. As this is the most important document I will be writing in my academic career, I dare not rush it. So I asked and was given a three-week extension for my Dissertation proposal. And a six month extension for my Dissertation. So dad, let the fun begin :)
My dissertation is to compare de facto UN Resolutions (Chapter VII powers) to the opinio juris of International Law specifically looking at the UNSC Resolutions and GA Resolutions passed concerning Isreal.
So all in all, my life has been one incredibly hectic, non-stop roller coaster ride since December 15th. But I am all too thrilled to say it will be back in order come tomorrow when my weekend STARTS!
Alrighty, its nice to say that I have finally managed time to write something on my blog again :)
All the best to everyone!
am
and kisses to Mr. Homer

1 comment:
What do you mean an extention for the topic and 6 months for the paper itself? I was feeling pretty good, but now I'm in a funk. I thought I was done!!!! Homer is going back up on the bridge, and this time he is going to either fly and swim, or drop like a rock and sink. Poor Homer, He is (and tomarrow it will be the past tense was) a good, but very high maintenance dog!
Post a Comment